BetterPT’s Recipe for Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving is filled with family, friends, and of course, lots of delicious food! Stay healthy this year by incorporating some physical activity into your day. Here are 10 fun ways to stay active during your Thanksgiving festivities!
- Have your own family football game – Adults versus kids!
- Do jumping jacks for 1 minute before starting dinner.
- Do 10 squats in between the first and second course.
- The person who brought the least-eaten dish does 15 push-ups.
- Hold a 30-second plank every time your football team gets scored on.
- Do 5 lunges every time you refill your cup.
- Switch seats every course.
- Participate this year in doing the dishes.
- After dessert, put on some music and have a dance party!
- Rest, then run to Black Friday sales at 5 am.
Thanksgiving can be a time of hecticness, with busy grocery stores and big Black Friday crowds. Stay away from the crowds at the mall and get better instead! After your big meal, book your physical therapy appointment on the BetterPT.com website or the BetterPT mobile app.